A Thanksgiving birthday in the mountains.

We bundled up, flew to Utah and spent Thanksgiving in the beautiful mountains wih my family.
Within hours of arriving, we loaded 3 cars of food, and headed up to my parents cabin in Heber.
The first thing we did was jam out to JB's Christmas album while setting up Christmas decorations.
Usually my family waits until after Thanksgiving to set up for Christmas, 
(especially since my mom is the queen of decor and has so much pretty fall decor)
but with Thanksgiving being so late we wanted to enjoy the tree while we were up there for the week.
OHHH how I LOVE Christmas time.
Before I get to carried away with my love for Christmas lets recap my other favorite holiday.

My parents invited my cousins up to stay with us for a few days for Thanksgiving!
I have a HUGE extended family (only about half were able to come into town) and it's quite the party when we all get together.
(seriously you have to try my Grandmother's Mexican cooking one day)
THIS pretty girl is the newest addition and joined our crazy chico family THIS SUMMER and I love her to death.

Thanksgiving morning a bunch of us tackled what my parents, siblings and I call the "cabin death run".
It's only 5 miles but feels like 12. Running up a mountain will get you.
I think I have whimped out by living at elevation 0 for 3 years. Hello Houston.
That run deserved a few pieces of pie.:)
My dad cut the turkey and the cooking began.
Side note that my mom's rolls might be my favorite part of the meal.
You may have wanted to stop by our place for the 17 pies we had to serve.
The night ended with a Turkey bowl while the girls froze our buns off watching.
(I have to give my husband props because he is the one catching the ball in this picture)
Family, food, and gratitude.
I love this holiday.
So incredibly grateful for family, an adoring husband, and a darling baby boy.


P.S. My birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year.
I was spoiled and got a feast for dinner,
was able to be with my family,
and was sung to by about 40 people...
ANNDD got to go outlet shopping at 10 PM on Thanksgiving with my parents and husband.
(Yes we were one of "THOSE" people.)
Talk about the perfect day.
Here's to 23. It's going to be a really good year.

PSS. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SWEET BIRTHDAY WISHES, EMAILS, AND TEXTS. SERIOUSLY MADE MY DAY! You guys are way too sweet!

The babes and I just arrived in Houston TODAY.
Hence why I'm a little behind!
My husband has been crazy deep in finals,
so we stayed in Utah a little longer to pass some time!
More to come on that one!

I hope everyone had the most wonderful Thanksgiving! xoxo

Karina Marie Powell

4 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family and looks like an amazing holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun!! What a beautiful family & home! I love all of the pictures, looks like such a special time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mountains look amazing and the food delicious! Happy Holidays :)

    lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete