Fit Friday: My favorite green smoothie


After playing around with recipes, I finally found my favorite version of a bunch of them.

My Favorite Green Drink:

1/2 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
(It's way better with vanilla)
(I buy the big container of Dannon Nonfat Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt- It's in a big purple container- it's my favorite ever)

1 Navel orange or 1 Tangerine or 1 Mandrine orange
(I just peel whatever I have on hand- it's amazing with any type of orange)

2 cups of spinach

1/2 frozen banana

7 ice cubes


ANNDDDD BLEND! Put the yogurt in first and frozen things in last so it will mix.
P.S. to make it more filling add a little dry oatmeal (my husband loves it that way)

 p.s.s.  i stay away from juice in my smoothies because juice just adds lots of sugar.
I think it is the perfect amount of sweetness without it.
If it needs liquid I will add a little milk.

**Total Calories: 187 

I am not a big fan of weird ingredients. The simpler, the better.
I don't cut food groups out, I like eating food I can just throw together that I have on hand.
These are every day ingredients that are ALWAYS in our fridge.
Probably the easiest recipe ever.
It takes me about 3 minutes to throw together.

In fact, I am drinking it as we speak.

The best part about it- I double the recipe and fill Ryan's sipper cup with this almost every day and he downs it! 
Seriously. Obsessed.

I happen to love spinach just eating it as a salad, but this is a great way to get those antioxidants from spinach if you hate it!

Happy Friday!!
xoxo

Karina Marie Powell

6 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try it out now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. I've tried some in the past and they were just ok. Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh I am so envious that Ryan will drink it, my little one is going through the green-aversion stage right now and its driving me bonkers!!!! Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. we made this last night and added strawberries to it. SO YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete